NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR THE 2018-2019 SCHOOL YEAR
2018-2019 SCHOOL YEAR
BUNKER INFORMATION SESSION
MARCH 10, 2018
3100 EAST AVENUE
ROCHESTER, NEW YORK 14610
Are you a firefighter and a student attending college in the Rochester area?
If so then the Brighton Fire Department has a Live-In/Bunker Program that you may be interested in. Our program will allow you to enhance and build your firefighting skills, participate as an interior firefighter while you are away from home at school, gain experience working with both career and volunteer firefighters all while attending college rent-free.
If this interests you, please consider attending our 2018-2019 informational meeting.
The informational session will be held at Brighton Fire Station One (3100 East Avenue, Rochester) on March 10th, 2018 at 11:00 a.m. If you and/or your parents would like to attend please complete our inquiry form.
Applicants should contact Deputy Chief Rick Zicari at LiveIn@BrightonFD.org in advance for information on the program and program requirements. Or send us your contact info via our inquiry form.
Please be sure to study our website to learn more about our volunteer opportunities and entire organization.
Our Bunker Program is a proven, quality program having successfully hosted many firefighters since 2006.
Some benefits include:
- A successful track record since 2006
- Living accommodations at no cost.
- Bed, desk and dresser
- 100 mb/sec Wifi access
- Laundry facilities
- Kitchen facilities.
- Cable TV
- Fire gear and uniforms
- Training opportunities
- Up to 13 credit hours of college credit for participation.
- Contact MCC Fire Protection Technology Program Coordinator for more information.
- Jay France (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Ample opportunity for fire calls (2500 calls annually)
In addition to the features of the program, all Live-In Bunker participants can:
- Attend any BFD training session with both volunteer and career staff
- Attend any BFD fire call riding apparatus or personal vehicle while off duty
- Participate in other BFD programs outside of their bunker schedule
- Attend all applicable social functions and meetings