A tradition of service
Since 1925, Brighton Fire Department has provided the highest value fire-rescue service to our property and home owners by “combining” the benefits of 90 volunteer firefighters with the benefits of 30 career firefighters.
We proudly serve our community by providing both emergency and
non-emergency services, including:
- Community educational programs
- Installation of smoke/CO alarms, and car seats
- "KnoxBox" Rapid Entry Key Box program
- High School Explorers Program
- College Student Live-In Program
- Fire suppression
- First-response medical support
- Safety planning and assessments
BFD depends heavily upon volunteers to serve in firefighting, scene-support, and administrative roles.
Click here to learn more about volunteer opportunities with BFD.